Eff 1/1/19 Northwood publishes that they will require span dates on Auto, Workers Comp and PIP claims.
There is a setting in the Payer Types Table, "How Service TO Date is Reported" that can be utilized to accommodate this requirement. That means you may need to examine the payers attached to the existing payer type or consider making a new payer type.
Before making a change in Payer Types, take these precautions!
- Run an Active Rental report for any Payers or Payer Types involved
- Check in on your Payer Type dependent tables like CMN Doc Types.
- Payer Type used for the payers outline below should have a Service TO Date Reported selection of "one day less of end of service month"
- Be sure to spot check your rentals once you have made a change!
The list of payers shared by Northwood in the link below is as follows:
- Accident Fund Group (Workers’ Compensation)
- Accident Fund Insurance Company of America
- CompWest Insurance Company
- Third Coast Underwriters
- United Heartland Insurance Company
- Assigned Risk Solutions
- Auto Club Group (aka AAA Michigan)
- Fremont Insurance (Auto No-Fault/PIP and Workers’ Compensation)
- Meemic Insurance Company
- Wolverine Mutual Insurance Company
- Frankenmuth Insurance (Auto No-Fault/PIP and Workers’ Compensation)