Initially mentioned in December and repeated in January; BCBSM has announced big changes for the way DME claims will process. With the changes indicated as effective March 1st, 2018, below are some highlights and our open list of questions.
DME Payment Policy Changes
- Capped rentals will move from 10 months to 13 months rental
- RUL for capped rentals moves from 3 years to 5 years
- New definitions have been published for:
- “capped rental”
- “purchase only”
- “rent forever”
- “short-term rental”
- New fees are available, that will surely stretch the budget tighter over 13 months
Open Questions for BCBSM
If you have access to a representative, please get involved! March 1st is hovering very near!
- Does the new capped lifetime of 13 months apply to all rentals that are still in their active rental period (months 1 thru 10) on March 1st, 2018, or does this take effect only for rentals PLACED on or after March 1st, 2018?
- What is the HCPC E1390 Stationary Oxygen Concentrator considered? It is not defined in any of the links provided in January’s ‘Record’.
Your level of preparation for this change will be determined by the answer to our first question. Please share any new information you have related to these open questions with: Lisa Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org 248 450-0877 x 334
Source: BCBSM The Record- December
Source: BCBSM The Record-January